STERLING R. LOVELADY
Areas Of Practice – 100% of Practice Devoted to Family Law
Phone: (813) 251-9200 Ext. 114
Sterling R. Lovelady earned his Juris Doctorate from Stetson University College of Law in 2017 and his Bachelors of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice in 2014 at Florida State University.
While in law school, Sterling received numerous honors and recognitions including the highest-grade designation in his Trial Advocacy class in 2017 as well as being a Finalist in the 2015 Carlton Fields First-year Appellate Advocacy Competition. Additionally, Sterling received the Victor O. Wehle Award at graduation in 2017 for excellence in trial advocacy. During his tenure on Stetson’s Moot Court Board, he competed in the 2015 Emory Civil Rights & Liberties Moot Court Competition, the 2016 Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship, and the 2016 Chicago Bar Association Moot Court Competition. Sterling also worked as a Teaching Assistant to a Research & Writing Class in 2015 and 2016.
Prior to pursing his legal career, Sterling was a scholarship athlete who played as an offensive lineman with the Florida State Seminoles football team, which went on to win the 2013 BCS National championship during his tenure.
Sterling originally joined Sessums Black Caballero, PA in 2016 as an intern and, after graduating law school, joined in 2017 as a paralegal while awaiting his bar exam results.
- Sessums Black Caballero Ficarrotta, PA (Tampa, FL) (2016-Present)
- Hopping Green & Sams, PA (Tallahassee, FL)(2016)
- World Triathlon Corp. d/b/a IRONMAN (Tampa, FL) (2015)
- Office of the State Attorney, 2nd Judicial Cir. (Tallahassee, FL) (2014)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
The Florida Bar, Member 2017 to date
- Member, Young Lawyers Division, 2017-present
- Member, Family Law Section, 2017-present
Canakaris American American Inn of Court
- Associate Member, 2019-present
- COVID-19: A Sword & Shield in Family Law Proceedings (October 2020)
- Crossroads for Florida Kids – Attorney Ad Litem (Hillsborough County, FL) 2018-present
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program (Tampa Bay, FL) 2015-2016